This page summarises events we organise or take part in. Our monthly newsletter includes a wider selection of local and online events from other groups. If you don’t yet receive it, email firstname.lastname@example.org and ask to be added to the list.
We aim to use accessible venues, but do check with venue if concerned.
Events marked * must be pre-booked – otherwise just turn up.
As in 2020, events in 2021 may change to fit COVID-19 restrictions.
- Tue 13th July Green Drinks – Union Inn (green marquee in garden)
- Tue 8th June Green Drinks – Union Inn (green marquee in garden)
- Sat 29th May stall at Green Living Market, Butchers Hall.
- Tue 11th May Green Drinks – Zoom.
- Wed 28th April Stroll & Chat*.
- Wed 27th Jan Devon Carbon Plan – what do we think? Zoom – register for link*.
April to December 2020
We quickly learned to use Zoom for Green Drinks – second Tuesday of each month – and to join in assorted webinars run by both local and national organisations.
- Thur 5th March – Travel Action Group, Anchorage Centre
- Tue 10th March – Green Drinks, Tavistock Inn
- Wed 11th – Climate course, Alexander Centre*
- Sat 1st February – Climate workshop, Alexander Centre*
- Wed 5th February – Climate workshop, Alexander Centre*
- Tue 11th February – Green Drinks, Tavistock Inn
- Tue 14th January – Green Drinks, Tavistock Inn
- Tue 21st January – Travel Action Group, Anchorage Centre
[Good things did happen in 2018 and 2019 – but not getting this list updated! Sorry about that. Additional volunteers always welcome.]
- Tue 15th November – Green Drinks, Local Matters
- Sat 18th November – Transition Tavistock – Moving Forward
- Tue 10th October – Green Drinks, Local Matters
- Sat 28th October – Tamar Energy Fest – Tavistock Town Hall
- Tue 12th September – Green Drinks, Local Matters
- Sat 5th November – Living Well, Dying Well – Local Matters
- Sun 6th November – Music in the Church – Lydford Church
- Sat 12th November – REPAIR IT – Local Matters
- Sat 15th October – Energy Fair – Local Matters
- Sat 3rd March – Annual celebration of local food and growing
- Sat 3rd October – Energy Fair – Tavistock Town Hall
- Sat 10th and Sun 11th October – Green Open Homes
- Tues Oct 13th – Green Drinks
- Tues Sep 8th – Green Drinks
- Sun / Mon 24/25th May – Tavistock Garden Festival
- Wed Apr 29th Cracking Earth 2015: Building Sustainability Research with Foundations
- Fri Apr 24th Hustings in Tavistock
- Tues Apr 21st Renewable Energy Marketplace 2015
- Tues Apr 14th Green Drinks
- Tues Feb 17th at 19:00 Peninsula Rail Group AGM
- Tues Feb 10th at 19.30 Green Drinks
- Mon Feb 9th Local Economic Blueprint Stakeholder Review
- Sat. Jan 17th at 14:00 In Transition 2.0 the movie … and discussion – United Reformed Church
- Tues Jan 13th at 19:30 Green Drinks
- Mon Jan 12th from 9:30 Our local markets for Food and Energy – what our your views? Kingdon House, Tavistock
- 9th December 19:30 Green Drinks, Union inn, Tavistock
- 11th November 19:30 Green Drinks, Union inn, Tavistock
- 11th November, 10:00 Personal Development Days, Tavistock – Bedford Hotel
- 21st October, 19:00 “Climate Change, Risk and Uncertainty” – Cafe Scientifique Talk, Launceston
- 19th October, 10:00 Solar Schools Car Boot Sale at Tavistock College
- 14th October, 19:30 Green Drinks, Union inn, Tavistock
- 12th October, 14:00 Tavistock Railway Walk, meeting at Tavistock Railway Station by West Devon Borough Council Offices at Kilworthy Park
Sept. 2014 Energy Savers at Home
Ongoing through 2014 Horrabridge Energy Savers
Feb 2014 Transition Tavistock AGM
Jan 2014 Energy Savers at Home