Practical steps and measures to consider:
- understand how much your energy is costing you, how your usage is changing week by week and month by month and why!
- understand your bill and make sure that you’re being charged on the basis of actual rather than estimated meter readings
- consider switching supplier for an offer better suited to your needs
- depending on your circumstances a Pay-As-You-Go smart meter may be an answer.
- complete a Home Energy Check. It’s a simple way to get an idea of how energy efficient your home is, and what steps you can take to improve it. Available at: http://card.solsticecloud.com. Need help, get in touch.
- make sure you understand how to use your heating controls such as thermostats and programmers and timers if you have them; and are using heating controls on night storage heaters correctly
- deal with damp
- look at low cost measures such as keeping the heat in through draught busting
- get any unfilled cavities or lofts filled for free (where suitable) or your loft topped up (may be chargeable) with Cosy Devon (scheme set up and monitored by Devon Local Authorities). Call or email and we can register you.
- consider external wall insulation if you have suitable solid walls. Cosy Devon may be able to help with the cost.
- get in touch if you have an old or faulty boiler and you are on benefits. Cosy Devon may be able to replace it for free.
- if you have an older property with solid walls have a look at our advice sheet and supporting information. Get in touch if you have questions.
Want to know more, not sure what to do next?
Get in touch or come and have a chat.
Join us at Green Drinks, second Tuesday of each month at Union Inn, Tavistock (19:30 to 21:30).
Email: email@example.com; Phone: 07969-569-444
Energy Savers is an initiative developed with the S.W. Devon Community Energy Partnership and supported by the Energy Saving Trust and Dartmoor Sustainable Development Fund.
Energy Savers provides a free energy check, support and advice to anyone who is interested.