Celebration of local food, growing and cooking at Tavistock College – Sat. 5th March 2016 from 14:00 to 16:30.
Free entry … donations always welcomed to cover our costs
A fast moving, fun packed and informative event to celebrate our local food, growing and cooking. Please come along.
- Importance of food and growing in our local schools
- Advice and information from local experts including Jenny Tunley-Price (Maristow Walled Gardens & Tamar Grow Local and our Roots to Transition Team
- Seed and plant swop – bring something along
- Entertaining quiz – you’ll find the answers around the room
- Getting growing – want to grow but don’t have a clue? – come and join our new support group for novice growers
- Find out more about how our bees are doing locally …
- And an exciting initiative to encourage more wild flower meadows
- Interested to know how many of our homes could be heated from our local hedgerows … and small woodlands?
- Conserving our Dartmoor ponies (tbc)
- 2016 plans for Roots and Tavi’s Britain in Bloom … and how you can get involved
- Developing Tavistock Farmers Market
- Plans for Sensory Garden … and how to sponsor your own personalised brick
- Tool share service and advice coming soon in Tavistock Town Shop!
- Importance of local food and drink to our economy, health and happiness!
- Delicious cakes and biscuits and a range of teas, coffee and squash!
Easy parking (bikes and cars).Download a flyer here and share with your friends, family and colleagues … plus like us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter@TransitionTavi;
Event will also include Transition Tavistock’s AGM (short and sharp for 15 mins!). If you’d like to get more involved and join the committee call 07969 569 444 or email email@example.com
No need to book!
Questions? Call or email (07969 569 444; firstname.lastname@example.org.
Afternoon’s programme (subject to confirmation)
14:00 Event opens. Transition Cafe open for cakes and drinks. Browse stalls
14:15 Opening discussion – importance of food, growing and cooking in schools
14:30 Quiz opens – find the answers around the room!
14:35 Transition Tavistock AGM and Annual report
14:50 Hear from our experts – 5 minute discussions
– Jenny Tunley Price – Maristow Walled Gardens + Tamar Grow Local
– Getting growing – Learning from scratch – kicking off a Novices group – Anita Currren
– Looking after our bees (tbc)
– Tavistock Farmers Market – Liz Whitwell
– Roots to Transition and Tasty Tavy – Roots team
– Growing fuel (tbc)
– Our local food economy – our opportunities – Kate Royston & Kit Harbottle
15:20 Chat to experts; join a discussion table; complete the quiz
16:15 Closing discussion together – how have we been inspired?