We’ll be reviewing our activities over the past year and the projects and initiatives we’re moving forward in 2014. This is an opportunity to share these with you, seek your views and ideas, see if and how you’d like to get involved etc.
The evening will start with a very brief AGM.
You’ll then have a chance to hear, find out more about, and get involved in (if you’re interested):
- Tavistock Woodlands Group – community supported woodlands and hedges
- Roots to Transition – a community growing project in the centre of Tavistock
- Garden Share – a chance to share garden with those that don’t have any
- Energy Savers Programme – Open Homes, Energy saving workshops, Home assessments
- Tavistock and Tamar Energy Network – the community owned energy network that can help transform our local economy
- Tavistock and District Local Economic Blueprint – an economic evaluation of the potential to gain greater local advantage, jobs and skills development from food and drink, renewable energy and improving the energy efficiency of our homes and buildings
- Tavistock Town Shop – a proposal to bring together Tourist Information, local information and energy advice and support
Joddy Chapman from South Brent Community Energy Society will also be joining us. We’re told that investors from the Tavistock area made an important contribution to the Community Share offer for the South Brent Community owned wind turbine … Joddy will show us how the turbine was installed – fascinating time lapse pictures – and how it’s performing now!.
This is also a great chance to get to know the Tavistock Enterprise Hub better -a thriving enterprise in the centre of town helping many small businesses expand and prosper … and providing an important meeting space for organisations such as us.
Refreshments will also be available.