Welcome to WordPress. This is your first post. Edit or delete it, then start blogging!
11am to 4.30pm
Normal admission charges apply
Cotehele is celebrating the apple harvest with an apple day event called ‘Apple Trees, Cider & Cheese’. We’ll be cranking up our Victorian cider press plus this year we’ll add a new twist with local cider and cheese makers offering a fine selection of their artisan products. On the day you can enjoy…
• Cider & cheese from local producers
• Traditional cider pressing – Watch demonstrations on our huge 19th Century apple press
• Apple tree care clinic – Advice on apple trees and orchards from local experts James Evans and Mary Martin
• Orchard Tour, 2pm – Led by Cotehele’s Orchard Officer, Chris Groves (that’s me)
• Children’s fruit juice mixing laboratory – Children can have a go at turning apples into juice and mixing flavours (small donation requested)
• Tamar Dowsers – Have a go at dowsing in Cotehele Garden
• Home apple presses for sale
5.30pm to 11.30pm
Continue to celebrate the harvest in the evening with a ‘Cider Hoedown’ in the Barn Restaurant
• Cider Bar – A selection of local ciders to choose from (additional cost)
• Live music – from folk band ‘Fox Amongst the Chickens’ from 7.30pm onwards DON’T FORGET YOUR DANCING SHOES!
• Hog Roast – with vegetarian option (additional cost)
• Book tickets – book early to avoid disappointment on 08442 491895 or online here (it takes a while to load but please stick with it!), Adults £10, Children £5
Flyer can be downloaded here
Our August 2013 newsletter is available here. Catch up with all the news and events!
Transition Town Totnes has developed a strong Skills Share network. We’d like to be able to offer Skills Share opportunities here as well; and also promote the opportunities in the surrounding areas.
If you would like to offer a few hours a week as the Tavistock Area or Tamar Valley Skills Share Co-ordinator do let us know (email@example.com).
In the meantime here is the current list of skill shares from TTT.