Tamar Grow Local, Tavistock College and Transition Tavistock are working together to introduce you to Tavistock’s newest producer market together with inspiring presentations and discussions.
Where: The Octagon Centre, Tavistock College (Crowndale Road, PL19 8DD)
When: Thursday Feb 7th – 18:45 to 22:00
Cost: No fixed charge although donations will be welcomed!
Refreshments: Drinks and home made cakes and biscuits!
Please join us!
Highlights will include:
• A chance to browse or shop at Tamar Grow Local’s (TGL) Producer market
• Meet local food producers
• Learn more about what buying locally can mean for you and your family
• Launch of TGL’s new buying group … see how you could benefit … and a chance to sign up!
• An opportunity to have a go at food mapping – see just how many local growers and producers there are around Tavistock and the valley! Who have we missed?
• Want to grow and got no space? Find out how
• Tavistock College goes Incredible Edible
• Find out what’s happening and how you can help
• Transition Tavistock’s successes in 2012 and where we’re heading in 2013
• Working to make Tavistock a resilient community (energy, food, transport, enterprise)
Please bring along your friends and neighbours. The flyer can be downloaded here – please share with anyone who you think might be interested! We look forward to seeing you there!
Find out more about the local producers and the programme for the evening here …
Transition Tavistock AGM
The 2013 AGM will take place at the Octagon Centre at Tavistock College on Thursday 7th February 2013 from 6.45 pm. We anticipate these formalities to be very short and sweet!
Members are allowed to vote. To become a member, or renew membership just pay £1 membership on the door.
AGENDA for the FOURTH ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING of
TRANSITION TAVISTOCK to be held at
6.45 pm on 7th February 2013 Tavistock College
2. Minutes of AGM of 9.2.12
3. Matters Arising
4. Annual Report
6. Election of Committee Members
7. Any Other Business
8. Date of next AGM
We will also have copies of the new Transition Free Press for sale (see later article).
We are still looking for a Secretary – if anyone is interested in this position, please contact email@example.com for further details. It’s a volunteer position requiring just a few hours each month.
Also we would like to hear from anyone who could sponsor the copying of our newsletter for those on the mailing list who do not have access to the Internet. Maximum 100 pages copying per month.